Nom, nom, nom….my mom’s chicken piccata. I’m spreading family secrets. They are just too good to keep to myself. Cook, eat, enjoy!
Two full chicken breasts
1. Take two boneless skinless chicken breasts (if they come whole then cut them in half) and place them between two pieces of wax paper or saran wrap.
2. Pound gently with a hammer or a pan until it gets to 1/2″ thick.
3. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
4. Dip and coat into a bowl of flour. Shake off excess flour.
5. Put two tablespoon of vegetable oil into frying pan and heat over medium heat. Trick – sprinkle water in the pan. When it sizzles the pan is hot enough.
6. Brown chicken cutlets. First side will take 2-3 minutes and second side will take 1-2 minutes.
7. Take cutlets out of the pan and put on a hot plate or oven on low temperature.
8. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth.
9. Add 1 tsp of minced garlic and cook until the garlic is slightly brown and the liquid is nearly gone (2 minutes)
10. Add 1/2 cup of chicken brother, 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of drained capers. Stir.
11. Add cutlets back and cook 1 minute on each side (may take longer if chicken is thick).
12. Take out chicken and place on warm plate or oven.
13. Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and fresh lemon slices. Stir until butter melts.
14. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Ever been to a party where you set your cup down, went to pick it up, and there were four cups to choose from? As a self-proclaimed germaphobe that gives me the icks. And, as a result, I always get a new cup. I discovered a creative way to solve for this problem. Chalkboard wine glasses! Take a look to see this neat party trick 🙂
Note to you and mostly to self: Read the bottle. Read instructions. Look alive Kelly!
Baked treats can be heavy on the calories. I have a neat trick to health-it-up, while still maintaining the delish factor. Watch as I substitute applesauce for oil and make some yummy chocolate zucchini cupcakes!
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups grated zucchini
Couple shakes of salt
1 cup applesauce
2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1 3/4 cups brown sugar (Or 1 1/2)
1. Melt unsweetened chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute
2. Beat 3 eggs with 1 3/4 cups brown sugar until it’s a pale mixture
3. Add applesauce and melted chocolate to egg mixture and incorporate
4. Don’t lick the chocolate off your fingers! It aint so good
5. Set aside wet ingredients
6. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
7. Slowly incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture
8. Set aside mixture.
9. Grate or shred 2 cups of zucchini
10. Fold in zucchini into mixture
11. Fill cupcake tin 2/3 of the way full
12. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. NOTE: In video I say 20 minutes, but I made a second batch and they were the perfect consistency at 25 minutes. (I think the applesauce adds some time to the baking)