My jewelry is “organized” in a drawer in my bathroom…by organized, I of course mean thrown about in the most random fashion. And so, I present you with my solution. An easy and cheap homemade jewlery box!
Acrylic paint (1 or 2 colors depending on preference to paint the inside)
Spong paint brush
Brass Cup Hooks
Gloss spray paint
1. Cover the glass with paper and secure with tape – and remember to tape up against all the edges.
2. Paint box with sponge brush. Two coats!
3. Paint the inside of the box with the second color. Two coats again!
4. Insert hooks into the inside of box – this is where your jewelry will hang from.
5. Spray paint box with gloss spray paint (do this outside – it doesn’t smell fantastic).
6. Hang your jewelry and be proud of your awesome organization skills!
Why go out in the thick of the Valentine’s Day rush when you can have a fun evening in with a delicious and healthy dessert? Find out how…
1 cup raspberries
1 1/2 tbs sugar
1 tsp cornstarch (Note: In the video I’m using a 1/4 tsp spoon, which is why I add so many spoonfulls)
2/3 cup whipped topping
1 tbs orange juice
12 pieces of angel food cake (1 inch squares)
1. Press raspberries through strainer
2. Cook raspberries, sugar, and cornstarch over medium heat for 2 minutes
3. Refrigerate raspberry sauce until cool
4. Split mixture in half
5. In one half of mixture add orange juice and mix
6. In second half of mixture add whipped topping and mix
7. Place angel food cake in two glasses
8. Layer orange mixture on top of cake
9. Using a ziplock bag, pipe mouse on top of cake
10. Share with someone special and enjoy!
See the original recipe: