Photo foam boards are a way to display large prints cheaply around your home or apartment. Who wants to pay upwards of $70 to print and mount photos? Not this ginger. Here is an inexpensive alternative to canvas prints.
Large print of photo
Foam Core Board (If you pick this up at your local craft store they may be willing to cut it to the size of your photo print)
Black Acrylic Paint
Easy Tack Spray – or any spray glue
Optional – Preserve-It Spray
1. Size and cut foam board to match the size of your printed photo. When you purchase the foam core board ask the store if they will cut it for you. If the store cannot cut the board for you – place the picture on the board and, using a ruler, trace the photo. Using a box cutter, cut along the lines you drew pressing the blade against a ruler to cut precise edges.
2. Paint the edges of the foam core board with black acrylic paint and sponge brush. Paint multiple coats as the core of the board takes a lot of paint to cover. Allow board to dry completely.
3. Spray Easy Tack Spray on two inches of the left side of the board.
4. Immediately line photo up to edge of board and smooth down photo on board. Use credit card to smooth photo and eliminate any air bubbles.
5. Continue spraying and gluing photo down in two inch sections.
6. Allow photo to dry on board as instructed by glue instructions.
7. Optional: Spray Preserve-It Spray over photo in even sprays.
8. Allow photo to dry as instructed by Preserve-It Spray.