Ok, I officially had to google how you spell potpourri. Which, I’m sorry English language, should really be po-por-ri. The ‘t’ is a little excessive. I digress.
So, I’m not really one for artificial smells in my home, but I love love love the way a home smells when someone is cooking. This is a perfect and simple solution if you don’t have a raspberry soufflé in the oven. Also, soufflé is a ridiculous word. Maybe it’s just because all these words are French? Hmmm…
Check out this 15 minute DIY project to have a sweet smelling home.
Ingredients (Double everything you see in the video – the scent faded too quickly)
4 sprigs of rosemary
12 drops of vanilla extract
1 mason jar
1. Quarter your lemons, except for three thinly sliced pieces used for decoration.
2. Fill your mason jar with water and then pour into your pot. (This way you have the exact right amount of water).
3. Bring water to a boil on the stove and reduce to medium-low.
4. Add lemon, rosemary, and vanilla to the water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Let mixture cool.
6. Pour mixture into mason jar.
7. Put your beautiful jar of homemade potpourri out for display.
8. Enjoy the “mmmm, it smells so good in here” comments.
Project from Thistle Wood Farms