Cherry pie on a stick? Yes, please. Cherry pie on a stick in the shape of a heart? I die.
I think this is one of the cuter things I’ve made on BWG and it’s also really tasty. Give these out as valentine’s day gifts OR as party favors at a wedding. How adorable would that be? And cost effective!
Ready made pie dough or homemade
Heart shape cookie cutter
Some fine grain sugar
1. Roll out pie dough to 1/4″ thick
2. Cut dough hearts. You can be done now, it’s already cute. But let’s continue!
3. Lay half the dough hearts down and add a spoonful of cherry preserves
4. Put lollipop stick starting from the bottom of the preserves so that it sticks out of the bottom of the heart
5. Add egg mixture to the edge of the hearts, lay other dough piece on top and lightly press it down
6. Squish edges together using a fork (also makes them pretty)
7. Egg wash one side of each heart and lightly sprinkle with sugar
8. Bake for 15-25 minutes (checking at 10 minute mark) at 350 degrees
9. Share love on a stick!