Quinoa is a weird word. How anyone ever figured out how to say the word without hearing it is beyond me. But it makes a delicious snack, so I will forgive the bizarre spelling. These quinoa pizza bites would make a great appetizer for any party or a snack for your lunch. Bake and enjoy!
1/2 c. uncooked quinoa
1 large egg
1/2 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. fat free shredded mozzarella
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbl dried basil
1 tbl dried oregano
1/2 tsp of salt
¼ tsp pepper
Pizza/Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Boil 1/2 cup quinoa as instructed on quinoa box.
2. Incorporate cooked quinoa, chopped onion, mozzarella, beaten egg, minced garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Spray pam or rub olive oil in each of the muffin tins.
4. Put 1 tbl of quinoa mixture in each of the mini muffin tins.
5. Add a sprinkle of mozzarella over each of the muffins…Just a little!
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. emove from muffin tin and cool.
8. Dip the bites in the marinara sauce and enjoy that pizza taste!
My jewelry is “organized” in a drawer in my bathroom…by organized, I of course mean thrown about in the most random fashion. And so, I present you with my solution. An easy and cheap homemade jewlery box!
Acrylic paint (1 or 2 colors depending on preference to paint the inside)
Spong paint brush
Brass Cup Hooks
Gloss spray paint
1. Cover the glass with paper and secure with tape – and remember to tape up against all the edges.
2. Paint box with sponge brush. Two coats!
3. Paint the inside of the box with the second color. Two coats again!
4. Insert hooks into the inside of box – this is where your jewelry will hang from.
5. Spray paint box with gloss spray paint (do this outside – it doesn’t smell fantastic).
6. Hang your jewelry and be proud of your awesome organization skills!
Why go out in the thick of the Valentine’s Day rush when you can have a fun evening in with a delicious and healthy dessert? Find out how…
1 cup raspberries
1 1/2 tbs sugar
1 tsp cornstarch (Note: In the video I’m using a 1/4 tsp spoon, which is why I add so many spoonfulls)
2/3 cup whipped topping
1 tbs orange juice
12 pieces of angel food cake (1 inch squares)
1. Press raspberries through strainer
2. Cook raspberries, sugar, and cornstarch over medium heat for 2 minutes
3. Refrigerate raspberry sauce until cool
4. Split mixture in half
5. In one half of mixture add orange juice and mix
6. In second half of mixture add whipped topping and mix
7. Place angel food cake in two glasses
8. Layer orange mixture on top of cake
9. Using a ziplock bag, pipe mouse on top of cake
10. Share with someone special and enjoy!
See the original recipe:
Nom, nom, nom….my mom’s chicken piccata. I’m spreading family secrets. They are just too good to keep to myself. Cook, eat, enjoy!
Two full chicken breasts
1. Take two boneless skinless chicken breasts (if they come whole then cut them in half) and place them between two pieces of wax paper or saran wrap.
2. Pound gently with a hammer or a pan until it gets to 1/2″ thick.
3. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
4. Dip and coat into a bowl of flour. Shake off excess flour.
5. Put two tablespoon of vegetable oil into frying pan and heat over medium heat. Trick – sprinkle water in the pan. When it sizzles the pan is hot enough.
6. Brown chicken cutlets. First side will take 2-3 minutes and second side will take 1-2 minutes.
7. Take cutlets out of the pan and put on a hot plate or oven on low temperature.
8. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth.
9. Add 1 tsp of minced garlic and cook until the garlic is slightly brown and the liquid is nearly gone (2 minutes)
10. Add 1/2 cup of chicken brother, 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of drained capers. Stir.
11. Add cutlets back and cook 1 minute on each side (may take longer if chicken is thick).
12. Take out chicken and place on warm plate or oven.
13. Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and fresh lemon slices. Stir until butter melts.
14. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Ever been to a party where you set your cup down, went to pick it up, and there were four cups to choose from? As a self-proclaimed germaphobe that gives me the icks. And, as a result, I always get a new cup. I discovered a creative way to solve for this problem. Chalkboard wine glasses! Take a look to see this neat party trick 🙂
Note to you and mostly to self: Read the bottle. Read instructions. Look alive Kelly!