I have had many a travel experience during which I attempted to pack a hat in my suitcase. Upon arrival I always found my poor hat squashed to oblivion. To mitigate the issue, I decided to wear all my hats stacked up on my head on the plane to avoid the inevitable broken brim. My record is four hats at one time. My hats were intact; my pride however…not so much 🙂
A pumpkin twist on the classic roll. Happy Thanksgiving!
Ingredients: Dough (I highly recommend the dough recipe I used to make my Santa bread) Egg yolk Pecans
Directions: 1. Cut dough into small pieces and roll into balls 2. Slightly flatten the dough and cut 7-8 slices around the edges 3. With your finger, indent a hole into each roll 4. Coat each roll with egg yolk 5. Bake rolls based on instructions for dough 6. Place rolls on wire rack to cool 7. Place half a pecan in the center of each roll for the pumpkin stem
Savory meatball mummies and sweet banana peanut butter mummies. So easy, kids can make them. Get ready for your halloween festivities – these are going to be a hit!
Savory meatball mummy ingredients:
Ready made pizza dough
White cheese (I used string cheese)
Directions for meatball mummies:
1. Stick an uncooked spaghetti noodle through three slightly thawed meatballs
2. Once you’ve completed all your meatball sets, layout dough and cut into very thin strips
3. Wrap meatballs with dough in mummy fashion
4. Bake meatballs as directed on dough instructions
5. While meatballs are baking, using a straw poke cheese to get small white chunks of cheese
6. Cut up olive into tiny little slices for pupils.
7. After meatballs have cooled, place cheese on mummy head for eyes and place olive slices on top for the pupils
8. Place on platter with marina for serving!
Directions for Sweet peanut butter mummies:
1. Cut bananas into thirds and place a stir stick into each piece
2. Microwave peanut butter for a few seconds until liquidy
3. Dip a fork into peanut butter and drizzle onto banana in mummy fashion
4. Place each banana stir stick into an upside down egg carton
5. Freeze for 20 minutes
6. Add eyeballs to bananas and return to freezer for 2 hours
Meatball mummies – Recipe from Spend with Pennies Banana mummies – Inspired by Lexie’s Kitchen and Living