Quinoa is a weird word. How anyone ever figured out how to say the word without hearing it is beyond me. But it makes a delicious snack, so I will forgive the bizarre spelling. These quinoa pizza bites would make a great appetizer for any party or a snack for your lunch. Bake and enjoy!
1/2 c. uncooked quinoa
1 large egg
1/2 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. fat free shredded mozzarella
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbl dried basil
1 tbl dried oregano
1/2 tsp of salt
¼ tsp pepper
Pizza/Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Boil 1/2 cup quinoa as instructed on quinoa box.
2. Incorporate cooked quinoa, chopped onion, mozzarella, beaten egg, minced garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Spray pam or rub olive oil in each of the muffin tins.
4. Put 1 tbl of quinoa mixture in each of the mini muffin tins.
5. Add a sprinkle of mozzarella over each of the muffins…Just a little!
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. emove from muffin tin and cool.
8. Dip the bites in the marinara sauce and enjoy that pizza taste!