The holidays are here! And it’s time for Ho-Ho-Holiday bread! This adorably cute Christmas bread is actually easy to make and a show stopper at any holiday party. My family devoured this tasty treat only after taking 50 photos of it. It takes about 30 minutes and is well worth every second. Bake, celebrate, enjoy!
1. Shape half the dough into a triangle shape on a floured surface and set aside.
2. With half the remaining dough, create a flat half circle (or watermelon slice as I refer to it in the video).
3. With dough scissors or a pizza cutter cut 1/2 inch strips starting at the bottom of the circle up to 1/2 inch away from the straight edge. This is the beginning of the world’s cutest Santa beard.
4. Lay the beard on top of the bottom of the elongated triangle.
5. Twist beard hairs to make them more beard-like.
6. Use a palmful of dough to make a mustache.
7. Make a small ball for his cute nose.
8. Folder over the tip of the triangle (his hat) and add a big ball of dough at the end.
9. Add a flat straight piece of dough for the brim of the hat (tuck edge under the Santa head).
10. Add to raisins for eyes.
11. Take one plain egg yolk and coat all parts of the Santa that will be uncolored (beard, face, ball of the hat).
12. Take one egg yolk mixed with red food coloring and paint the hat, cheeks, and nose.
13. Cover bread loaf with foil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Dough recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/golden-santa-bread