Going to a BBQ and need to bring something? Why bring the standard wine/beer when you can bring this easy (and frankly, cheap) salad that is sooo delish and healthy and always gets the “ooohs” and “aaahs”?
2 cups corn (roasting is an option)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 basket of cherry tomatoes
2 tbl Olive Oil
1 lime juiced
1/4 tsp lime zest
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. If roasting in oven, preheat oven to 360 degrees.
2. Roast corn (husk on) for roughly 30 minutes, rotating corn frequently.
3. After corn is done roasting, let cool.
4. Cut corn kernels off cobs and place in salad bowl. / If you did not roast the corn, boil frozen corn according to directions and let cool.
5. Dice avocado into 1/2″ cubes and place in bowl.
6. Halve cherry tomatoes and mix with corn and avocado.
7. Dice 1/4 cup red onion and mix with salad. Set this bowl aside.
8. To make dressing, finely chop 1/4 cup cilantro and put into dressing bowl.
9. Add 2 tbl olive oil into dressing.
10. Grate 1/4 tsp lime zest into dressing.
11. Juice one whole lime into dressing bowl.
12. Add 1/4 tsp salt and a 1/4 tsp pepper into dressing.
13. Whisk dressing until all ingredients are incorporated.
14. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss.
15. Enjoy that salad and never tell anyone that it took you no time at all to make!
Original Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/corn-avocado-and-tomato-salad-recipe/index.html